Tuesday 18 February 2014

Living screams... Dead people

When screaming voices echoed in the dark alleyways,
you did not arise....
When sobbing voices reverberated inthe house,
you did not respond....
When screeching tones boomed in your own heart,
Then too.... you muted them..
Then listen ... and listen well
Any of my cries is not meant for you,
Nor do I wish to call out to your heart, because ...


.....because only the one who lives, who is alive is being call ...
....not you
.....and only the one who has a pair of hands, two legs, ears and voice...
.....only the one with brain and a heartbeat ...
....will respond.
You go ...
.....go and sleep
...I am not calling. you but someone else..
... For if my voice reached there, he will arise
....and even if my voice failed me ...
....then the ones , who are still alive will carry my message
.... ON AND ON
©®Sudha Raje
translation - y raje

No comments:

Post a Comment